Energy Points is an incentive on Khan Academy, given for completing skills, completing programming challenges, earning badges, watching videos, participating in discussions and a variety of other tasks. Before Khan Academy's new layout in 2012, the number of Energy Points that a user currently had were invisible at any page in Khan Academy. With the new profile page, users can hover over someone's name on comments and programs or go to a user's profile to see their total Energy Points. However, there is no real value for energy points. They are literally worthless in real life.
How Users Can Get Energy Points:
- Users can get 1500 (or 2100) energy points for completing a computer programming challenge in the Computer Science section. The difficult ones usually give more energy points.
- Users earn 750 energy points for each video watched for the first time plus 100 bonus points for completion. The bonus points do not appear on the activity/progress chart but are added to the user's running total.
- Users now earn 100 energy points for each video watched for the second or more times. Minutes also accrue towards a listener badge like Nice Listener.
- Users can get 75 energy points for each problem answered correctly in a skill the first time they practice it.
- Users can get 50 energy points for each problem they answer correctly in a mastery challenge.
- Users can get 5 energy points for each problem they answer correctly in a skill they have already practiced. They will also get 100 points for completion of that particular quiz.
- Users can also get additional energy points from earning badges like Da VinciWhich is now retired.
- And from watching part of a video.(Which gives you 850 energy points for completing the video). 750 energy points originally but plus an extra 100 for completing the video.
Badges associated with Energy Points:
- Ten to the Fourth (Meteorite badge, 10,000 Energy Points.)
- Benjamin Franklin (Meteorite badge, 50,000 Energy Points.)
- Ten to the Fifth (Moon badge, 100,000 Energy Points.)
- Frederick Douglass (Moon badge, 250,000 Energy Points)
- Five Times Ten to the Fifth (Earth badge, 500,000 Energy Points.)
- Helen Keller (Earth badge, 750,000 Energy Points.)
- Millionaire (Sun badge, 1,000,000 Energy Points.)
- Ramanujan (Sun badge, 2,000,000 Energy Points.)
- Tesla (Black Hole badge, 10,000,000 Energy Points.)